Friday, October 29, 2010

July 11th Stehekin to Hemlock Camp

Physically I feel far better than yesterday, so it means a return to the trail for what may turn out to be the most demanding section of this trip--- Glacier Peak Wilderness Area. While breaking camp, a doe and her two fawns wandered by no less than ten meters from me. Had to dig in my pack for my camera but I managed to follow them and get a few pics. Another double order of fries with lunch to boost the calorie content and provide the energy I need today on the hike. John and I caught the two o'clock bus from the landing which dropped us off at High Bridge around three. The weather is changing as there are now quite a few clouds. A hot and humid, yet mild climb along Agnes Creek and through stands of pine/fir put us at Hemlock Camp at quitting time. Right where I wanted to be 'cause we made good progress. The runoff in Agnes Gorge was really high with all the melt.

Green Washington

12 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment